Walking before running
Today was my first day of resistance training at the gym, which is essentially any exercise that involves a motion that requires a forced movement to complete, ie. lifting, pulling or pushing something.
As it was my first day I wanted to ease into things. Personally I feel that its important to ease into any exercise routine for two reasons, 1) it reduces the chance of injury, and 2) it makes staying the course a little easier.
To begin with I spent 10 minutes on the treadmill before looking to do a series of resistance exercises that would hit the majority of the muscles in my body. Set wise I only did 2 sets per exercise with the first set being a warm up of 10 reps on a low/medium weight then the second set being 6 reps at a high/medium weight.
The mixture of exercises I used were, in no particular order;
- Chest press
- Seated row
- Lat pull down
- Bicep curl
- Overhead rope pull
- Seated leg press
- Machine crunch
Tomorrow will be a rest day as my body looks to repair the micro damage that my muscles have received over the last two days. I'll likely do some light stretching to ease the onset of 'delayed onset muscle ?'
0 comments:
Post a Comment